Life as an expatriot living and running in the beautiful town of Zwolle, the Netherlands.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Good news...
The leg is getting better. I can walk fairly decently now. It's still stiff, though, so I'm still being careful. To compensate for the days off running, I hit the gym yesterday, did a half hour of biking and an hour of weights. I still really missed being with the team. Yesterday they did pyramid intervals: 500 meters, 1000 meters, 1500 meters, 1500, 1000, 500. Sounded really fun. Anyway, I'm probably gonna run a light half an hour on Sat to test it all out and if it's good, forest training on Sunday.
Ah.. and then next week: jaw surgery on Tuesday. Fun...

2 Comments:

Blogger kate sullivan said...

hi debbie! i miss you so much. debbie, what is going on with your jaw? i hate the thought of you being injured. i want to call you for real. please email me again if you can with your phone number!

lerv
kate

6:00 AM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

Hi Kate!
Yeah... about my jaw. I got a crown, after a root canal on a molar, like 1 or 2 weeks before I left Vegas. It never quite felt right: always a little irritated by the gums. But then I got used to it. And besides, I was pretty distracted anyway from the move, learning Dutch, etc. Then it started to hurt again, but it took us like 5 months of waiting to get onto a dentist's patient list. (Too few dentists in Zwolle it seems.)So they took an x-ray and the infection is now in my actual jaw or something. So I go to the hospital on Tuesday for jaw surgery. And I have no idea what to expect. Like is it real surgery or more like the root canal. I suppose I should want to find that out, but I don't even want to deal, you know?

6:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home